A Home Built on Love, Designed to Give your Family a Hope and Purpose
Our recovery home offers a 12-month residential program for adults designed to help men learn how to live drug-free lives. R.S.M. does not operate within standard half-way house guidelines; therefore, residents cannot come and go as they please. Our population is under 24-hour surveillance and or accountability. We are here to support individuals that can’t manage their lives with complete freedom due to their substance abuse and the behavioral effects of that lifestyle. Independent privileges such as cell phones, unapproved visitations, social media, or media containing explicit contents are monitored or exempt until the resident has learned to conduct these privileges in a trustworthy manner that is healthy for his or her sobriety. We challenge the residents to embrace the Christian faith. We see that when they seek spiritual guidance, their lives transform, and they find true meaning and purpose.
At R.S.M., we want you to know that a life-changing journey is just a decision away if you are ready to get free from your life-controlling problems. Suppose you are prepared to learn a new way of life through a relationship with Jesus Christ. If You Are Ready To Do Whatever It Takes, then we believe that our program of healing, joy, and restoration is for YOU. Whether you are looking for help for yourself, a family member, or a friend, our prayer is that you will pick up the phone and call to find out more about us. Since our establishment, we have seen countless men and women liberated from life-controlling issues, and today they are leading productive rather than destructive lives. Remember, there is hope. With God, ALL things are possible. Matthew 19:26 The R.S.M. recovery homes are a place of healing, joy, and restoration for men who are 18 and older. The homes are a refuge for the lost and the suffering. A visitor is guaranteed to feel a spirit of love and peace in our centers. Alcohol and drug addiction are often merely symptomatic of underlying issues, whether those involve self-destructive choices or emotional disturbances such as painful memories, trauma, or abuse. Our goal is to help men and women address that brokenness in a safe and structured environment based solely on God’s Word. Belief in Jesus Christ and developing a biblical self-image is the basis of the 12-month residential program. Our Christian advisers will work with you to incorporate your relationship with Jesus Christ into every aspect of your life. R.S.M. uses Christian-based principles to help return hope to the lost and the suffering. When you decide to turn away from drugs and alcohol and rededicate your life to Jesus Christ, the past is already forgiven, and you are free to realize God’s calling on your life. As you begin to walk in faith through Jesus Christ, forgiveness is a natural by-product. Forgiveness of yourself and others is vital in overcoming the past and rebuilding a new life in Christ. At R.S.M., we’ll help guide you on every part of your journey until that beautiful day when you finally realize you were never alone. God has been with you every step of the way. Drug and Alcohol addiction is at an all-time high in the United States. According to SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration), at least 23 million people have used illicit drugs in the past thirty days. To understand the impact on society– the population of Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Alaska, Wyoming, and the Dakotas is less than 23 million. Every person who uses illicit drugs directly affects a minimum of five other people. We have an epidemic in America! Since 2015, R.S.M. is recognized in several justice systems as a provider of recovery services for those who desire to transform their lifestyle and develop a new life free from drug and alcohol abuse devastation.
Since its beginning, R.S.M. centers have founded their programs on the teachings of Jesus Christ. These Biblical truths have physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually unchained thousands of addicts’ lives. Instead of ‘dope’ pushers, Recovery Soldiers Ministries serves as ‘hope’ pushers. As their testimony, RSM students often claim the scripture, “If any man be in Christ, he is a new creation, old things have passed away and behold all things become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17) There is nothing more satisfying than investing time and resources into the lives of hurting individuals. America needs to know there is a new life waiting for them through the life-changing power of Jesus. Recovery Soldiers Ministries is in the business of providing hope and a future for families and individuals who desire a positive and optimistic transformation in their lives.
To pour out the same love and grace that God has poured into our lives onto the lives of countless men and women who struggle from addictions, that we would be a witness for Christ so his light would shine into those who suffer and illuminate the darkness of their past pain and wrongfully made choices. To reach the hearts of those hurting from a habit or hang-up and show them that there is hope in Jesus.
Our mission is to funnel broken men and women whose lives have been stolen by addiction into faith-based recovery centers where they are mended by Christ and through him the chains of their addictions are broken.
God’s called us to not only reach those who are addicted, but to instill His hope into the mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and loved ones of those that are in active addicted and to let them know that God is in control and still on His throne. We are to open the eyes of our youth that they may become deep rooted in Christ and not be pulled into the temptations of addiction. We are to make our Churches and communities aware that addiction is a threat and that it breaks up homes and families. It destroys the lives of young men and women. We must make a stand and become more than conquerors through Him that loves us.
Local News Coverage
How to Apply
1. Please see our rules and regulations below to understand that our program is very disciplined and structured. Here are some (not all) of our rules from our ‘rules and regulations’:
• RSM is not a half-way house, you cannot come and go as you please.
• No nicotine.
• Limited outside contact (Immediate Family Only)
• 1 phone call per month
• 1 visit per month
• No anti-depressants or mood-altering medication permitted
2. Fill out an application form.
PO Box 603
Elizabethton, TN 37644
3. One-time entry fee of $1000 is required upfront and non-refundable.
4. Once the application is approved you will receive an acceptance letter with bed availability status. If there is not a bed currently available you will be placed on a waiting list and notified when the bed is available.
Please note: We are not a legal attorney, any court matter must go through your attorney or public defender. You may have them contact RSM concerning your loved one’s legal matters.
- Can students take medicine? Students are allowed to take medicine as prescribed by a physician. No medications of a narcotic or addictive nature are permitted. Individuals must receive permission and instructions from the Intake Coordinator before bringing any drugs with them. Recovery Soldiers Ministries does not provide medications. Individuals are responsible for refills and must have the means to pay for their medicines. All prescriptions must be in a bottle with a pharmacy label and proper instructions.
- Can students visit a doctor while in the program? Recovery Soldiers Ministries is not responsible for any medical bills a student incurs while in the program. Students are allowed to go to the doctor for emergencies only. The applicant must address any pre-existing medical problems before admittance. You must also provide records of any condition which will limit your abilities to perform at full capacity.
- Can a person parole out or be court-ordered to Recovery Soldiers Ministries? We do have those who parole out or are court-ordered to our program. Those wishing to enter our program must meet the program’s requirements and have the means to pay their monthly parole/probation fees. Should the student be dismissed from the program, leave for medical reasons, or on his/her own accord, we will report this immediately to the appropriate court officials. R.S.M. is on the approval list for Tennessee Department of Corrections Transitional Housing.
- Can a student leave the program at any time? Recovery Soldiers Ministries is a voluntary placement program even when the individual is court-ordered. We will always strongly encourage the individual to stay in the program. However, if he/she insists on leaving, we will facilitate his/her exit from the program. If the individual is court-ordered, we will notify the court of his/her leaving.
- How can I facilitate my loved one’s success in the Recovery Soldiers Ministries program? One of the best ways to assist in someone’s success in R.S.M. is for everyone involved to understand the program’s nature, objectives, rules, and guidelines. The individual needs to be aware of the long-term commitment that he/she will be making and be willing to change his/her lifestyle. You can provide the information to him/her and encourage him/her while he/she is here, but whether or not he/she is successful in the program depends solely on him/her.
- Can I get my G.E.D. While in the program? If a student does not have a high school diploma, then he/she will be enrolled in the G.E.D. program if available.